When YOU change your story, you change your life.
We have the power of life and death with our very own words. We can choose to bring life to a situation by what we say or we can choose to bring death to a situation by what we say. What do you need to speak life to? What do you need to kill off?
If you’re going to have a fulfilling and satisfying life, (we all want that don’t we?), then begin today by checking your words. Are you always speaking defeat? For example, “I’m never going to get out of this” , “I’m so confused” or “I don’t ever have enough money” or this is a favorite, “I’m broke”. What!? Stop that! Why would you want any of that? When you say those things, you are speaking directly into your future because your words are required to bring to you what you persistently confess.
You are what you eat…including your words
God created the universe with His words. Then He created us in His image with the same power to use words to create. Take some time to evaluate what you’ve been saying and consider these Biblical Proverbs.
- Wise words satisfy like a good meal; the right words bring satisfaction. (18:20)
- The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences. (18:21)
- Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body. (16:24)
- Whoever guards his mouth preserves his life; he who opens wide his lips comes to ruin. (13:3)
- A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in a setting of silver. (25:11)
- Whoever keeps his mouth and his tongue keeps himself out of trouble. (21:23)
How is THAT for a wake-up call about your words? Are you thinking about some of the things that you constantly say that you’re living out? Make a decision today to change your conversation, change your story, and begin to change your life. Here’s how you can get started:
- Write down what you REALLY want your life to be like.
- Write several positive statements that coincide with that life you desire.
- Confess (say out loud) those statements EVERY DAY.
- Check yourself when you say something opposite to what you really want.
- Partner with someone to solidify your progress. They check you on your words and you check them.
Continue on this path and subconsciously you will begin to take in your words and eventually will start to live out your new story.